Sunday, June 13, 2010

a birthday party


Ryan's birthday blogs are long overdue! His party was last weekend and between Mark getting sick and the me catching whatever he had towards the end of this week, there hasn't been enough time to sit down and post. However, I have been lying on the couch for about three days now, stoned on Robitussin and Advil Cold and Sinus, just thinking of all the wonderful things to mention about his party. Now that I am sitting up straight (though I am still on the couch) I can't remember of the sweet things I thought of, because the haze has lifted and I can once again see straight.

Ha. Ryan's birthday this year was a small affair. There has just been too much that has happened over the year to fit into this post explaining why. The short story is that Holly and Wayne are now divorced. That's public record, so I don't feel bad saying that at all. The rest of it is not public and therefore not my business (as I have had to remind my mother more than once over the last year!) and well, you get the gist of it. SO. Holly had a party and Wayne had a party. The boy got two birthday parties, so, I'm guessing he was cool with that (go, Ryan!). I'm straying from my point. Holly's party was our family only, though I did miss Wayne and his family. Mark and I, My grandparents (Gigi and Papaw to Ryan), my mom (Grammy), Great Uncle Mark (who I think he should call GUM, but nothing so far) and Holly and PJ.

It was a lovely day. We grilled out hamburgers and hot dogs and had cake and presents. Very small and the boy couldn't have had more fun. He was the only kid there, so he got all of the attention. He was WILD on sugar (I helped this along tremendously by offering him soda every chance I got and force feeding him icing. HA!- I'm a GREAT Aunt!) Anyway, here are a few pictures I thought I would share.




Happy Birthday to you....
You live in a Zoo..........
You smell like a monkey...
And you look like one too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...