Sunday, April 1, 2012

Too much. Much too much.

That pretty well sums it up. I've had too much. Much too much going on to do much of anything. I haven't even had my camera out in over 2 weeks if that tells you anything. We buried my grandfather Friday before last. It was surreal. I cried the whole time. I mean, we were sitting on the front row...and the minute I sat down, here came the water works. A little while later I look up, (because I have my head laying on Marks chest) and he is crying too. which was so sweet, it made me cry even harder. It was a short ceremony, and a beautiful one. Afterwards we all gathered at my grandparents house and ate food and listened to great stories. It was nice. Mark and I came home that day and slept for the rest of the day. Emotional exhaustion, I guess.

This week I celebrated my 31st birthday. It was low key on the day of, for a slew of reasons. One, it was the middle of the work week. Two, it was my first birthday without Gia. He would have been 90 this year, so that was hard. Mark and I played a game of Farkle on the back porch. We ate pizza and called it a day. He also bought me the best card ever and TWO Hunger Games T-shirts. : )  Nearly 100 people wished me a happy birthday on Facebook. I won't lie. It made me feel good. : ) My mom brought me the sweetest card and some birthday cash. : ) Old Navy, here I come!

As for the rest of the week, I had no idea so many people would want to celebrate with me! My uncle came and had dinner with us Tuesday night (the night before my birthday and he brought me a card too! My aunt sent me a card in the mail, which was also really sweet. Friday night JT and Vanessa had us over for dinner. They made steaks, the biggest potatoes you've ever seen, asparagus, grilled zucchini and squash and garlic bread. Vanessa also made me a homemade blackberry wine cake. It was AMAZING. I may have had a few glasses of wine. On Saturday, Mark and I went with his parents to lunch at McCallister's and to see the Hunger Games. It was awesome! We left the movie and headed straight for dinner at Bill and Beth's where they made us flying prime rib (GOOSE!) with horseradish sauce, wild rice and mushrooms and a yummy salad. I had some Prosseco there. : )

Today we stayed home. I ended up with a migraine, but I feel too blessed from this week to complain too much about it. Although the headache did derail our dinner with Holly and Ryan. :( We'll get it done, though. We love to eat!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...