Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cades Cove

While on our trip to the mountains, Mark and I visited Cades Cove. I had never been (can you believe that? A lifetime resident of East Tennessee and I had NEVER been.) and Mark hadn't either. I was totally in my happy place. There weren't a lot of good animal photo opportunities (I believe the bears are hibernating and we were there midday), and I botched the best one I got, but included it anyway. I chock it up to a growing pain. Photography is hard. Especially when you have no idea what you are doing and decide to shoot in manual mode for most of the trip.

Shot 1:



Shot 2, a little closer and done in monochrome.


Depth of field...and some lady getting in my shot.


And lastly, the best animal opportunity, which I botched. A Coyote against the beautiful mountain backdrop. At least I know how I wanted this picture to turn out.. I do plan to see what I can turn it into with photoshop, but I am not holding my breath.


Until next time, shutterbugs.....

* Eye of the Tiger- Survivor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...