Thursday, October 14, 2010

internal affairs

I reckon I need to dust my blog off, y'all. (and what's with the speech? I sound like I'm from Tennessee or something. ) Anyway, more to come later on what I've been doing recently. This entry is more about what I haven't been doing. Which is taking better care of myself emotionally. To say that this summer and the beginning of fall has been a roller coaster ride from hell would be putting how I feel pretty mildly. However, today I woke up with renewed sense of purpose and I am hoping to get my butt back in gear.

I'm going to guess that much of this has to do with the fact that I got some sleep last night. With everything that's been happening, I've been waking up at odd hours of the night, and if you know me, you'll also know that this is completely out of whack. I sleep like the dead, dudes. Really. I slept through and earth quake once. So, getting sleep is the first key, I now realize. I had to take some medication to help me do it, but I feel so refreshed today it was WORTH it! My next plan is to finish the delicious apple cider I made for breakfast, walk, take off some garbage and hopefully clean my house. Tonight I'm making dinner and a chicken pot pie for a friend who just got out of the hospital. I feel more like myself than I have in weeks.

I tip my cider to you today, friends. In the hope that you are feeling on the inside, perfectly balanced and calm.

Happy Thursday!

*Tom Petty- Free Fallin'

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...