Thursday, April 28, 2011

sunny days chase the clouds away

Yesterday I set a personal record for the most time watching the weather. It started around 2PM and I think I was still watching at 11:45PM. That's a long time so, it's a good thing I like Todd Howell. : )

The weather in East Tennessee was severe to say the very least. Every 45 minutes we were under some sort of warning. Tornado was my least favorite, but flood and thunderstorm were a close second and third, respectively. I called my sister and she came over with my favorite boy to keep me company. WE stayed in the basement all day and later on, I realized that our garage was flooding. Which is muey bueno because out garage is tiny and leads into the basement and our bedroom. So, I had to wake cranky pants up and get him to help me wet vac our garage. Let me tell you... he was SO thrilled pissed.

Later on, I started watching footage of the tornados from Alabama. It was heart wrenching. I was watching one with a huge tornado some guys were filming from the interstate. The entire time I kept thinking, MOVE! GET OUT OF THERE! Luckily, the men filming were OK. Many from the rest of the state were not..and will continue to not be OK for a long time... I wish there was something more I could do.


This morning I woke with the intention of taking my camera out to capture damage done by the storms. To my surprise, many of the places around here came out unscathed. The flood waters have even subsided from all of the usual places. When I thought about traveling to Knoxville and Loudon to capture damage, I immediately decided that was really to depressing and invasive, so I decided to try and capture some of the beauty that comes from rain and storm systems like the ones we were berated with yesterday.

Like the greenery, for instance....



and the clouds....

Things always seem calmer after the storm....I do SO hope your family and friends are safe and well after the crazy yesterday brought...

*Lady Gaga- Born This Way

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...