Monday, July 18, 2011

the importance of loving yourself

I always seem to involve myself a little too extensively in other peoples problems. In turn, I always wear myself out and either get physically sick or emotionally sick, which in all reality is much harder to cure. It's really easy to get angry with people when you think about how easy their problems would be to solve if they would just DO exactly what you tell them to. Sadly, life isn't that easy. That's why therapy is hard. You have to work at solving your problems. Sometimes you feel selfish for just working on yourself instead of trying to rescue other folks from what you clearly see to be certain doom. The point is, you can live your life and be happy if you are too busy trying to live someone elses just to make them OK. For me, this seems to be the hardest lesson of all... I've been reading and rereading this quote over the last few days...

"No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change."

Profound, yet so simple. bringing it to mind helps so much...if I can remember to do it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...