Thursday, December 16, 2010

December, lately

We finally got our tree put up about two weeks ago. I usually like to get it up earlier, but time (as you can tell) has not been on my side. I do however like the finished product! It looks so pretty at night, but I had to use the flash to get the ornaments in there. : )   I got some new ornaments this year, and I think I like them...I'm very old fashioned when it comes to the Christmas Tree. I like The reds and golds (obviously) and the greens and silvers too. You can keep your hot pink and turquoise trees, they are pretty, but just aren't Christmas-ey to me.


I also compiled a list of my favorite Christmas songs.....The first one is my favorite, and the rest are in no particular order...

That Spirit of Christmas- Ray Charles
Frank Sinatra- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
Mariah Carey- All I want for Christmas
Alvin and the Chipmunks- The Christmas Song
Animax Entertainment- Bob and Doug sing The 12 Days of Christmas
Gayla Peevey- I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas
Bing Crosby- White Christmas
Zooey Deschanel and Leon Redbone- Baby it's Cold Outside
Marilyn Monroe- Santa Baby
John Lennon- So This is Christmas
The Waitresses- Christmas Wrapping
Twisted Sister with Leta Ford- I'll be home for Christmas
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Soundtrack- Main Title

And in case you have never heard 'That Spirit of Christmas, or can't remember it, here's a link.
 
 
This week I hope to tackle that Ginger Bread train and make my Christmas CD.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...