Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Secrets Revealed (Post 2)

So, apparently Mark and I are the worlds worst secret keepers. I called this morning to schedule our doctors appointment and my OB/GYN doesn't see patients until they are 8 or 9 weeks. So we have our appointment...(on May 18- Happy Birthday, Coco!) to see what's happening with the little dove and have our first ultrasound. I sent Mark a text message letting him know the specifics and he sent me one back saying..."can we wait that long to tell people??" I said probably not.

I was so right. When he got home from work today we talked it over and decided to tell our families. We're still keeping it secret from the rest of the world until after that first appointment. (So we say NOW)  Our families were ecstatic, naturally. Mark's parents cried. His dad said he didn't know if he would be able to get to sleep tonight! His mom was screaming and saying "it's about time! it's about time!" My mom and sister were so funny. My mom is really excited. She said, "You guys just made the century for me!" My sister was giving me lots of advice and she also told me couldn't wait to post on facebook that she was going to be an aunt! : )

It was sort of nerve wracking making those calls. Mark and I sat together on the couch, his arm around me when we talked to my family and mine around him when we talked to his parents. Cool stuff. So glad I've got such a great partner to share this road with!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...