Saturday, January 23, 2010

a cozy getaway

It's pretty much exactly what we needed. Mark and I get a little ragged around the holidays. Between parties, and running, and holiday stress, January is a perfect time to make our escape. We were able to take a long weekend, because Mark had Monday off for Martin Luther King Day. So we stayed Friday through Monday at a sweet little cabin in Pigeon Forge. It was about 7 miles from town. We didn't venture out much. Actually, I think we only left to eat, and one day we drove up to Gatlinburg and pulled off the side of the road on the way back to check out the river that flows between the the two sides of the highway. The rest of the time was spent in the hot tub.




Now that we are back, I feel extremely recharged. My battery is full again and I feel like the things that come at me, aren't coming at warp speed. I am getting itchy for spring. Cleaning, and the freshness and cool nights and warm days. Flowers in bloom, things hatching. And my birthday: the first time I turn 29! It's scary, but I think I have a new lease on life! It's amazing what a little time away can do for you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...