Saturday, January 23, 2010

Tolkien

I have finally started my adventure with hobbits. I just finished The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien, and I loved it (as predicted). I believe I may have read this in 6th or 7th grade, but for some reason, I couldn't remember what the hell it was about, save the hobbits.

Anyway, if this sounds like you, you should re-read, and if you have definately never read it, go find it, or come borrow mine.

In short, it's the prelude to the Lord of the Rings. It's how Bilbo Baggins finds his love for adventure, the ring and even the shire. The style that The Hobbit is written in is certainly captivating. When I read aloud to Mark from it, I told him it sounded like I was reading to children. It's not all warm and fuzzy, but was delightful. It's about stepping away from your comfort zone and feeling pleasantly suprised with the end result.

Thank you to Jackson for gifting me with this classic for Christmas and for stringing me out on fantasy fiction again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...