Sunday, April 4, 2010

veggies aren't just for vegetarians

I believe Mark and I have really turned the corner on this diet thing. We threw our scale out, so I have no idea how much weight we've lost. At this point, I'm not sure I care.

Physically, I feel so much better. We've been eating really good food that's really good for you. We're still limiting our carb intake, but we're not sweating it.

Here's a "recipe" to share. It what we've been eating a lot of:

1 red pepper, 1 yellow pepper, 1 green pepper, 1/4 an onion- sliced, 1 yellow squash, 1 Zuccinni.
Cut up ingredients and toss in olive oil, cilantro, salt and pepper. Grill or sautee.

This stuff goes with everything and tastes delicious. Eat it.




I like to add a little cayenne pepper to ours as well. With a meal like chicken and veggies, that really spices things up. These veggies also go great with mexican. Just use low carb tortillas and some jalapeno cheese, and presto.. you have chicken quesadillas with grilled veggies. Delish!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...