Saturday, August 21, 2010

Genesis

One of the things from my list of 100 things was to read the Bible. Well, I've started! I just finished up Genesis last night.... I am sure many of you have already read the Bible in it's entirety, so these posts may be a little boring for you.. I guess I will just be summarizing what I have read and I think I am going to include a favorite passage of scripture as well.

What Happened: (in my own words)

God creates the Heavens and the Earth, the sun and the moon, the ocean animals, man and so forth in 6 days and rests on the seventh day. He uses man as the ruler over the earth, but man proves dishonest(see Adam and Eve) and he destroys everything except Noah and his family (who has proven good) and all of the animals on the Ark in a great flood. Noah's descendant Abraham is chosen leader of God's people. His son Issac and his grandson Jacob are promised great futures and many descendants.

Parables:

I had no idea so many of the bible stories I heard as a child were in Genesis! Adam and Even in the Garden of Eden, Cain and Abel, Noah's Ark and Joseph and his coat of many colors- just to name a few!

Favorite scripture:

Genesis 2, Chapter 23:
and the man exclaimed,

"Here is someone like me!
She is part of my body,
my own flesh and bones.
She came from me, a man.

I started Exodus today and I hopefully will finish it tomorrow. Until then!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...