Monday, August 30, 2010

wreckage

It's been nearly a full week since a van crashed into the shop. ..and I still don't know what to say about it, but I'm going to try...

 There are the things I've been saying..."I'm so glad everyone is going to be OK...I love those ladies with all my heart...I hope Mrs. Brooks gets better soon...We're praying for the families of everyone involved...The driver of the van and his wife....I hope they are going to be alright...." There are the things other people are saying..."Thank God everyone is alright!....That's the craziest thing I've ever heard!.... and my personal favorite...What the hell?!?!"

For the most part, I guess everyone is managing. Everyone except Amy and Ms. Brooks have been released from the hospital...and barring any complications..(everyone- let's collectively knock on wood, shall we?) should make good recoveries. I pray for each of them...I've been praying for patience, strength, guidance and swift healing...Seeing these women struggle to do the easiest of tasks is the hardest part of it all. Feeling their frustration and pain is devastating.

The biggest lesson I have learned is that life is so precious. In the blink of an eye, it can be gone...but sometimes, you get that second chance. That chance is so awesome, so much bigger than you are, it's nearly breathtaking....and nothing actually happened to me. Please continue to pray for each and every one of these people and their families...they need it so much.

If you feel inclined to make a donation, there is a fund set up at ORNL in Kingston, and we're having a road block on Friday before the first Kingston home game, too.

My love to all of you.....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...