Wednesday, April 8, 2009

and here I was having Doubts

Well, no, not really. I was actually really excited to watch Doubt, that just seemed like a good title. No disappointment, either! Doubt was great. From the acting to its subtle setting and color scheme, I was truly impressed. Meryl Streep, Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Amy Adams were more than wonderful. The movie is set within the walls of a Catholic Church and School. Streep's character is principal at the school and Adams is a teacher (both are nuns). Hoffman plays the pastor who is accused of having an inappropriate relationship with a student.

What I really can't wait to see is whether or not Kate Winslet really did deserve best actress. Meryl is going to be hard to beat!

I am almost through my list of Academy Award Winners and Nominees. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Revolutionary Road, The Reader, Frost/Nixon and The Wrestler are all I have left.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...