Monday, January 10, 2011

a day off

It's an extremely rare occurrence when Mark takes the day off. It's an even more rare occurrence when works tells him not to come in. Remember when you were in elementary school and the weatherman even mentioned the word snow? All hell broke loose. You looked out your window every five minutes before your parents made you go to bed and then the first thing you did when you woke up in the morning would be to look out the window in the hope that the weatherman was on his game and delivered. Those days are so rare as an adult, because we are always expected to be there anyway, snow or no snow, because we are adults and can fend for ourselves. (I guess.) Anyway, I still run to the window in the morning! And today, it looked like this:
SNOW!

I certainly was happy! Mark got about halfway to work, slipping and sliding the whole way, before they called it off. The picture above was taken around 3:45AM. (The man works EARLY.)  After taking some pictures, I decided it was back to bed for me. When I woke up, there was more snow. We spent the day slipping and sliding in our backyard. The dogs loved it, and we invited Jackson down to do a little sledding with us too.






To those of you who got one, happy off day! I'm sure you deserved it!

*When You Were Young- The Killers

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...