Wednesday, February 10, 2010

ain't no one like 'yo mama

Mmmhmm, that's right. Bringing the middle of the week in for Valentine's Day, is my mama. It's too hard to use my words in sentences, so I'm just going to list some of my favorite memories with the woman I adore, and look up to and care about so much; my mama.

Rubbing her thumb to send me off to sleep at night as a little girl/ the cuddle box/ the velveteen rabbit/ rocky raccoon/ teaching me to drive/ all those softball games and swim meets she was present for/ Easter baskets every year/ omlets on Christmas morning/ the "i'm not your mother" game/ my Lucille Ball Speech/ The Golden Girls on Saturday nights/ TGIF/ driving around in the snow/ Making us a fire during the blizzard of '93/  seeing her and my dad together/ seeing her ski at the house boat/ meeting her first grandchild/ her trip to Switzerland



The list could go on and on, but the thing I love the most about my mama is the fact that she has always loved me. Even when it's been hard to. Happy Valentines Day, Mama. I love you so much.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...