Monday, February 1, 2010

Where I been, and what I been doin'

Ah yes, I've been pounding the pavement. In my new running shoes. (insert a beaming smile here!) I could not find a gym close enough to home that I really liked so, I decided I would start running to at least include the exercise portion of my New Year's resolution, until I do. I got all of my info from Runnersworld.com . And let me tell you, it's not easy. Even for beginners. They have a whole section for beginners with information on everything from shoes to nutrition and injuries. When you sign up with them, you get email alerts and other cool info. My favorite part is you get a quote everyday called your "daily kick in the butt." Some are corny, and others are really inspiring. Here is my favorite one so far:

"Each afternoon I would run my demons hard until I left them heaving by the roadside."
-Christopher Solomon



Some mornings I have had to run early, but none were as pretty as this morning was. (See above.) A good friend, Andrew, over at Custom Commentary, has been running with me too. It's always lovely to have support, so a special thank you to him. We have dubbed our team "Chasing Chubbies," and we like it a lot, thank you very much. So, in short, I run, come home, shower, get ready for work, work, come home, do a few things around the house, have dinner, read and go to bed. Oddly, I am starting to fall a little in love with this routine. I've never been a morning person, but today I was up at 8:00AM to run. I'm even impressing myself, lately. Hopefully, this all explains the lag in posting. Right now I'm headed for my latest book find (a review of that to come soon, hopefully) and some popcorn before I crash. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...