Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I've come undone...

I started Wally Lamb's She's Come Undone last night around 4:00. I finished it today around 5:30. The book is around 350 pages long. Do you think I liked it? Yes, I did. A LOT.
This book is all together one of the BEST books I have ever read in my entire life. (And that's a lot of books!) It follows a girl from childhood, when her parents divorce and her mother is sent to a state mental institution; to her grandma's house where her mother returns not all together well, but much better than when she was sent away. Time passes again and the girl, Delores arrives in adolescence at 257 pounds, self loathing, self destructive and an all together hateful human being. College is not the experience it is supposed to be, and neither is the subsequent marriage or other things that happen down the road. This books' message spoke to me though. It's to be happy with what you have, not what you think or thought you wanted. To not only love, but allow yourself to be loved as well... one of the hard things I have had to overcome (and am still overcoming) in my life.
Encouragement to read this novel is bursting out of me. I will read it to you if you are illiterate, blind or don't enjoy reading. You should seriously make the time.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Wow girl I can't seen to keep up with your blogs! haha your loving the blogging world..i knew you would! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...