Monday, January 5, 2009

No Alpo for Knox's Picasso

Today, Mark and I ventured over to the Holiday Inn Express off of Cedar Bluff to attend the Annual Starving Artists Sale. The Sale is for artists in Knoxville to get their work out to the public and make a little money in the process. There were TONS of paintings there. The smallest sizes they had were 8x10"s! As I am no Picasso, it is hard for me to say weather or not these paintings were really "good." But I liked them, so I guess that doesn't really matter.

Courtney stayed the night with us last night and as she was leaving this morning she was asking me about the show and if the artists were indeed starving. I told her I wasn't sure, but as all artists who aren't making mega bucks usually are, they probably weren't rolling in dough. To which she replied, "humph." My retort was "perhaps they aren't starving but their dogs are! Maybe they will use this money to buy dog food!" She was still laughing about that when she left. Ha!

Anyway, I found a painting that I LOVED. Of, course as my luck would have it, it was already framed and safely of the arms of it's new owner. I actually tried to talk the woman out of the painting, but had no luck. We also found a painting of the Moulin Rouge, but it just wasn't exactly what I was looking for. They are having another show next weekend, so hopefully I will return and find another one!

No, we didn't buy anything this weekend. Picasso's dog will just have to hold out one more week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...