Friday, January 23, 2009

What a sap. Next thing you know I 'll be dotting my i's with hearts.



I really do love my husband so much. The picture to the right was taken on a drunken night in the G-burg (as we like to call it) and we took about 50 pictures being silly like this. I love the expression on Mark's face! The way he is looking at me with that- you are so silly but I love you anyway, face. I have to say how thankful I am for him though. I'm not sure if it is the way we are able to communicate with each other honestly, or be totally and completely ourselves around each other, but I can honestly say that my relationship with Mark is as close to perfect as I could imagine. Oh sure, we have our spats and arguments like anyone else does, but our rule is simple. We can't go to bed mad. Or sad. Or crying (me). Or bitching (both). Or silent (him). We always have to work it out and end things with an I love you. (I told you this was sappy!) Anyway, tonight I was unfortunately reminded that not all relationships are perfect. -Hell, I'm not saying mine is perfect, but what I do know is this: I am happy. He is happy. That's the thing that counts. And while it may seem like a no brainer, duh, Heather, YES, You are supposed to be happy in a relationship, that seems to slip our minds from time to time I think. Like when we get caught up in the trivial day to day stuff: house renovations, new puppies, job, money, bills, family and finances, that's when that little thought seems to slip away. I am bound and determined to hold onto that thought. Wrap myself around it. Which is why I chose to wrap the text around this photo. So that I won't forget. Honey, if you are reading this, I love you so much... but since I know you aren't I am going to go ahead and let the Internet in on one of your biggest secrets.... that you love me too. As much as I love you.... THAT makes me really happy. See above.

2 comments:

Family said...

I like this post! The older I get, the more I realize that many, many married couples I know are not happy- they are regretting they got married and are a lot closer to miserable than happy. So sad! I'm glad you're not one of them!! Also I looked at that Dooce blog too. I like it!

Ellis Island said...

Good! Heather Armstrong is Hilarious!! The Girls gone child and Finslippy blogs are prety good too. Weird.. I like mommy blogs, but I'm not a mommy... is that a biological clock I hear?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...