Monday, January 12, 2009

Parenting outside the box.

Have you heard of the website dooce.com? Well, if you haven't you are missing out! Heather Armstrong is the owner/manager/writer/mother of this website. You may have heard of her before, but in case you haven't, here is what I know. She was the first person to actually get fired from her job over blogging. She was raised here in Tennessee and grew up Mormon. She actually left the Mormon Church and got married to her husband Jon and then they moved to Utah to be closer to family. (I think that's the right order.) She has a daughter and another little one on the way. Anyway, she has one of the most insightful, funny and truth bearing blogs I have ever read. She is frighteningly blunt and honest, but it's really what I love about her the most. She drops F bombs, says GD and is as sarcastic as they come. When I grow up I wanna be just like her.

Anyway, I have been reading her blog for a while now and I think you should too. But be forewarned. It's not for the faint of heart. Like I said, lots of swearing and sarcasm and things like boobs, poop and parenting are all rolled up into one. Me? I love it. If there were an Armstrong Army, I would totally join.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...