Friday, January 30, 2009

The verdict is in...

It took me a few days to decide if I liked my recent bookshelf selection, Chuck Palaniuk's Survivor. The answer: Yes. I did. This book is about a man who is one of few survivors in a Creedish Cult Group. He's in on an airplane that has been recently hijacked, and he is telling his story to the black box- which he describes as an orange box. Alas, this all sounds very fueling and exciting, but the book has a very slow, morbid start. Hang in there if you do decide to read this one, because it picks up speed at the end, and turns into a pretty good read.

Next on my list:

A Cure for Dreams by Kaye Gibbons
Charms for the Easy Life, also by Kaye Gibbons
In the Time of the Butterflies by Julia Alvarez
The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb
A Decade of Curious People and Dangerous Ideas by Chuck Klosterman IV

I know, I know. It's a lot. Hopefully, they will all be fantastic and I will breeze right through them. Anyone know of a good series to start? I am all ears. I need a series follow up to this list of randoms.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...