Tuesday, March 29, 2011

29 + Enzo

Today was your average day. I got up, showered, got dressed and then ate breakfast. This afternoon I went to the grocery store with one of my favorite people in the world, and now I am waiting on Mark to get home so he can grill some chicken for the Mexican Fiesta I am making. Just a regular day. : )

I did get to work on the bookshelf last night, and in record time, I finished The Art of Racing in the Rain. So, so good, people. The book is written from a TV watching dog named Enzo's perspective. It's light hearted with some really deep stuff in it, made simple to read and understand because it comes from a canine perspective. Think Marley and Me but not so sad at the end. I cried for days over Marley and Me. The book is thought provoking, but obviously a very easy read. I chewed through it and would reread it, I liked it so much.

My favorite quote from the book is:


"That which we manifest is before us; we are the creators of our own destiny. Be it through intention or ignorance, our successes and our failures have been brought on by none other than ourselves"

— Garth Stein
 
 
*Be Good to Yourself- Journey

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...