Sunday, March 20, 2011

Twenty

Today was a wonderful day. The weather was wonderful, I got no phone calls and I spent some quality time with my main man.

We spent the afternoon just doing stuff together. We cleaned out his truck and went over to visit with his parents for a while. Later on, we came home and he made me dinner- shrimp, fillet and tenderloin (all grilled) and rice with broccoli. After that we spent a few hours out on the back porch playing Angry Birds on Mark's new iPhone. : )  Simple and wonderful.

And sorely needed. Mark has worked his butt off this month and I have missed him dearly. It's incredibly hard for me to imagine what it would be like if he were in the military or drove a truck or even worked out of town for a living like my dad did. I just wouldn't make it, I don't think. I am simply not cut out for that kind of lifestyle. When it comes to my husband, I need him close by. I need him to confide in and act stupid around. Really, I just need to be around him.

My birthday is one week from tomorrow. I had originally thought that he and I would take a little road trip just the two of us. Now I am thinking I really don't care what we do. As long as we're together. : )Aw....feel free to throw tomatoes at me the next time you see me, because I am such a sap!

I hope your weekend was as lovely as mine was....

Happy week!

*Cheeseburger in Paradise- Jimmy Buffett

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...